Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackWu1123
Helper II
Helper II

Line break not working in approval mail with mark down

Hi, 

I'm designing a flow to send an approval mail with details in table. 

Here is a compose from previous step. The compose might be combined with several rows information joined by '|'

1.png

And here is the approval mail details.

2.png

But in approval mail , the \n will not act as a line break.

3.png

is there any way to break the lines for each row? 

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

simplest way would be to create a PDF of the table and attach it in the attachments portion.

I have avoided using tables in approval emails so far so unfortunately do not have a great solution.

View solution in original post

Hi @Gristy 

Yes, I agree that's the way to achieve. Actually, we already have an HTML file with table attached in the approval mail. 

I just want to improve the user experience to view the details directly in the mail but not to open an attachment. 

Anyway , thank you for your information. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Does it look OK in OWA?

I noticed this in Outlook Desktop Client and had to add a extra line of whitespace to force a new line.

Hi @Gristy , 

Thanks for your quick response. It's same in OWA.

how can I define in the compose to have extra line of whitespace ? 

Thanks!

sorry i apologies i though **bleep** was also the hard coded markdown causing a issue. that is a tricky one indeed and unfortunately i do not think markdown includes a action such as \n that will help

Hi @Gristy 

If there is no way to add line break to the content in approval mail , is there an alternative way to display this kind of table in it? 

I thinkit should be normal case that the table will have several rows and the count of rows are dynamic. 

Thanks!

simplest way would be to create a PDF of the table and attach it in the attachments portion.

I have avoided using tables in approval emails so far so unfortunately do not have a great solution.

Hi @Gristy 

Yes, I agree that's the way to achieve. Actually, we already have an HTML file with table attached in the approval mail. 

I just want to improve the user experience to view the details directly in the mail but not to open an attachment. 

Anyway , thank you for your information. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,867)