cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Link to specific Flow Approvals task

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a link to a specific task in Flow Approvals page? 

I need to use it in a SharePoint list so that each list item have a field with link to its corresponding task.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

so there is 3 actions under approvals.

You want to use them like this:

1) Create Approval (Setup your approval)

2) Update Item (SharePoint) 

3) Wait for approval, pass ID from 1)

the 1) action provides a dynamic content output (Respond Link) which links to the flow task in the browser.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

yes but you need to use Start approval and then wait approval as seperate actions.

In between you can use dynamic content from start approval to update your sharepoint list item with the link to the task.

Highlighted

Thanks Gristy,

Can you please be more specific with this "dynamic content from start approval to update your sharepoint list item with the link to the task"? 

So I have a list item on which Flow runs. There are 2-3 approval tasks before it gets to a specific point/status that I need to show. From your comment I assume that, every time an approval is started I get its <some URL> and update list item. This always occurs, not just for the specific approval task I am interested in. Correct?

Highlighted

so there is 3 actions under approvals.

You want to use them like this:

1) Create Approval (Setup your approval)

2) Update Item (SharePoint) 

3) Wait for approval, pass ID from 1)

the 1) action provides a dynamic content output (Respond Link) which links to the flow task in the browser.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,069)