cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Links to news articles based on tags

I would like to create a solution to search for news articles based on keywords or tags. For the articles that match, I'd like to compile the links into a weekly summary.

Any guidance on where to start, if this is possible?

A~

4 REPLIES 4
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi @tianaranjo , 

Some questions first: when you say "News Articles", I assume you are talking about news posted within SharePoint, right? Next, how many different SharePoint sites would you be looking through (just to get an idea)? And, are your News posts using Managed Metadata to ensure all News are using similar keywords / tags? 

Cheers,

Rhia

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Actually - looking to crawl sites like Reuters, New York Times, etc.

And thanks for the reply!

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Oh, I see! Interesting. 

Based on how you phrased it before, is this more about ... "I want to find news outlets that are reporting on X, Y, and Z" rather than "I want to check if News Outlet A, B and C have reported on X, Y, and Z today"? 

You might want to look at Power Automate Desktop for this, if it's the first. I think it'd be better to have a list of sites that you can get the search query hardcoded for (up to the point where you drop the variable - for example, https://www.cnn.com/search?q=rabbit&types=article or globalnews.ca/tags/rabbit) and then use the Selector to identify the dates. 

Can you tell me a bit more detail about keywords & the amount of sites? 

Cheers,

Rhia 

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Rhia,

Thank you for the reply. The recommendation you made there about using variables to search various sites is helpful.  

Here's what I envision -- daily check of sites A, B, C, D, E for articles that contain keywords "AI", "Artificial Intelligence", "Emerging", "Emerging Tech", etc.......

Where true, compile links for the article into resource and email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,205)