cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBenJohnson
Advocate II
Advocate II

List Rows Present In Table - WAC Access Token Error

I had a couple of Flows on a work account that used the old Excel connector and Get Rows action. I am trying to port these Flows across to another account using packages but I can't validate the Excel connector - understandable as it's been removed.

As I was unable to import the packages due to this, I had to build them from scratch, using the List Rows Present In A Table action for Excel Online (Business). However, I am getting the below error when running the Flow:

The request is forbidden by Graph API. Error code is 'AccessDenied'. Error message is 'Could not obtain a WAC access token.'.

Does anyone know why this is?

6 REPLIES 6
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisBenJohnson ,

Please make sure that the extension of the Excel file you specify is .xlsx and it seems that .xls are not supported formats.

Please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50014639/403-forbidden-on-reading-csv-file-in-onedrive

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

It's definitely .xlsx.

The Flow detects a new file saved in a SharePoint shared library, moves it to OneDrive for processing, and iterates the rows in a table.

Everything is working fine except for List Rows Present In A Table.

I encountered this same problem.

Flow was able to read from the excel file once but when I ran the flow again with the same file in the folder it failed.

The request is forbidden by Graph API. Error code is 'AccessDenied'. Error message is 'Could not obtain a WAC access token

Did you find a solution for this?

NRSS
Regular Visitor

I am encountering the same error as well. I am fairly new to flow and I don't know where the problem is so I'm finding a hard time figuring out a workaround.

When I use the Get workbooks action with the file picker to select the File input field, the test runs successfully. But when I use a variable (i.e., File Locator that you can get by using the Find files in folder by path action) to indicate the File input field in Get workbooks, the test fails and I get the following error: 

The request is forbidden by Graph API. Error code is 'AccessDenied'. Error message is 'Could not obtain a WAC access token.'.

In both runs the Get workbooks action results in the exact same output, but using File locator gives me an error. Here is the output of Get workbooks for both runs:

Successful Run:

[
{
"@odata.id": "/drives('b%21lLDFqemIr06UN1fpemeBW4pjH_pMHatPibSFBLykJZ-pAx2Q1ks4Tb0csQLRQexe')/items('01CLEBXIKCMBVJ2LC2ERFKVIABQ6GNOPHY')/workbook/worksheets(%27%7B00000000-0001-0000-0000-000000000000%7D%27)",
"id": "{00000000-0001-0000-0000-000000000000}",
"name": "Tasks",
"position": 0,
"visibility": "Visible"
}
]

Failed Run:

[
{
"@odata.id": "/drives('b%21lLDFqemIr06UN1fpemeBW4pjH_pMHatPibSFBLykJZ-pAx2Q1ks4Tb0csQLRQexe')/items('01CLEBXIKCMBVJ2LC2ERFKVIABQ6GNOPHY')/workbook/worksheets(%27%7B00000000-0001-0000-0000-000000000000%7D%27)",
"id": "{00000000-0001-0000-0000-000000000000}",
"name": "Tasks",
"position": 0,
"visibility": "Visible"
}
]

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

ALP1
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You need to place you excel on the sharepoint online.

Exemple :

I want to create a list from an excel for my team Demo.

So i need to place my excel file on this SPO

And boum it's working

excel file.png

tlevine
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

I am facing this issue once the file is placed into the sharepoint. After I check out the file, I get the error:

The request is forbidden by Graph API. Error code is 'AccessDenied'. Error message is 'Could not obtain a WAC access token.'

Any thoughts on how I can resolve? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,001)