cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brownmattc
Level: Powered On

List of current approvals

Hello,

Is there somewhere that a user can go to see all of the approvals that are currently waiting for their action?  For instance, users might not see an approval email come through and may have any number of approvals waiting for action.  Where could they see those?

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: List of current approvals

Any user can go to flow.microsoft.com and click on action items and then on approvals.

In addition, any outstanding approvals that are waiting from them to approve will show on the Flow hone screen (flow.microsoft.com)

Approval.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Brownmattc

Thank you for the suggestion but I am not seing them there.  Perhaps I have mispoken on a definition.  The flow uses a Send EMail with Options action.  This generates an email to the user where they can click on an Approve or Deny button in the email.  I am wondering where they can see a list of all of their outstanding approvals.  Below is an image of the approval email if that helps.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day.

Capture.PNG

Super User
Super User

@Brownmattc 

There is no location where you can send a user to view all of their outstanding items assigned to them via Send Email with Options.

If you are using this in connection with SharePoint, you might consider creating SharePoint views that show items grouped by approver and status.  You might even create a filtered view that shows all items that are outstanding where the approver is [Me].

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Brownmattc 

Send an email with options action just sends the email and waits for response

Before using this action you can probably maintain a status in your base data source, and then send the email

In order to see list of waiting responses, you can just query based on that status field

Once user responds, you can update that status value

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Brownmattc

Thank you both for the suggestion - the data is being tracked in a SQL database.  I will consider if this is feasiable given that I will not be able to have a direct approval button for the task.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,005)