cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mroma2
Regular Visitor

List rows present in a table, Get items and update SharePoint list

I am receiving this new error that I didn't get last week. 

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Apply_to_each_3' at line '0' and column '0': 'The number of for each items limit exceeded for action 'Apply_to_each_3': maximum '5000' and actual '5120'.'.

I have set the Pagination on the Excel List Rows Present in Table and SharePoint Get Items to 6000. There are only 445 rows in my Excel spreadsheet so I'm not sure where 5120 is coming from. Any advice on what the issue could be?

mroma2_0-1647874181567.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sajarac
Super User
Super User

Hey @mroma2 , I was following @RezaDorrani  tutorial for something like this. The tutorial is here and he talks about the pagination issue.  VIDEO

I guess in your case is a simple fix. I have more than 15,000 rows and I can't this to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sajarac
Super User
Super User

Hey @mroma2 , I was following @RezaDorrani  tutorial for something like this. The tutorial is here and he talks about the pagination issue.  VIDEO

I guess in your case is a simple fix. I have more than 15,000 rows and I can't this to work.

Hello sajarac,

did you already found a way to update your 15k entries and bypass the limit of 5000 items?
I have a similar case where I need a daily update on a excel file which I convert to an csv.
The excel contains a script, which I can trigger via the flow.
I am just struggling with the 5.000 item limit

Kind regards
Chris

sajarac
Super User
Super User

Hi @chris-l , nothing. Poor documentation and lack of support. 

BTW. Did you tried implementing before a OData filter? Do you need to call all of the items at once? Maybe if you reduce the size of your query you can get the results? 

chris-l

Thanks for quick response!
Unfortunately I need every of the rows, so no filtering possible.
I will continue trying to seperate the rows in 8 parts and combine them in the end. Maybe this will work somehow.

I read somewhere using skip count in the list rows action. here:
https://piyushksingh.com/2020/07/06/power-automate-read-excel-file/

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,561)