cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

List rows present in table - Not supported file format

Hello guys I hope you are doing great! I'm struggling with an issue in powerapps, using the connector of "List rows present in table".

The process is as following:

1. First I add an Excel file into the power apps.

2. Then when click the send button it send the following parameters to the flow:

gabrielsoto_0-1610465083634.png

Createitem_Title: user email

Createfile_FileName: Name of the excel file

Createfile_FileContent: Content of the excel file

gabrielsoto_1-1610465165516.png

4. The I have a Flow that receives these parameters and their information:

gabrielsoto_2-1610465356135.png

5. Then I have the following action of Create Item in SharePoint List. The objective of the flow is to extract the Excel data and get it into a SharePoint list, and have a register of the files being created:

gabrielsoto_3-1610465531552.png

6. After creating the item, I create the file with the parameters of the above step:

gabrielsoto_4-1610465622418.png

7. Then I update the created item with the following:

gabrielsoto_5-1610465717774.png

8. After that I use a Get File properties Action step. Where I get the Identifier of the file to be used in the excel action step:

Get File properties Body:

"{Identifier}": "Shared%2bDocuments%252fGeneral%252fAutomation%252fArchivos%252f128%2b-%2bArchivo%2bJacqueline.xlsx",
"{Name}": "128 - Archivo Jacqueline",
  "{FilenameWithExtension}": "128 - Archivo Jacqueline.xlsx",
  "{Path}": "Shared Documents/General/Automation/Archivos/",
  "{FullPath}": "Shared Documents/General/Automation/Archivos/128 - Archivo Jacqueline.xlsx",

gabrielsoto_6-1610465811078.png

9. Now where I get the issue is here:

asdf.png

File: Shared%2bDocuments%252fGeneral%252fAutomation%252fArchivos%252f128%2b-%2bArchivo%2bJacqueline.xlsx

There you can see that the identifier has a correct format for excel file format.

Im using the identifier from the get file properties step. The issue is the following:

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The issue is the following: ????

missing any screenshot  ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the screenshot was missing, the forum said I had inserted invalid html.

Below the screenshot:

gabrielsoto_0-1610541805864.png

It says that the file has wrong format. But if you can see, the identifier for the file has the correct xlsx format. When I try to open the file in the explorer from my pc, the file has the following pop up:

gabrielsoto_1-1610541902035.png

My hypothesis is that maybe the file is getting corrupted when uploading it through power apps (?) Not sure, The fileContent is correct when extracting from the PowerApps.

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes, thats correct the powerapps is not uploading the file correctly. Check this video from Shane Young.

The file itself is corrupted, hence you are getting the error and I have faced this in past.

Follow steps shown in this video and the issue will be resolved :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QaiM8SeWfM

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Video and quick response @jinivthakkar . Nonetheless, the process I'm using to upload the file is the same as his, I already used his video. This process was working before, now that I'm trying to replicate the flow, I'm having that issue :s

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (464)