Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Locking down a custom Approval Column

Hi All

I am creating a flow that consists of 6 approvers, i have a custom column that i use for statuses with 'conditional formatting' to colour it depending on the status. This column however, can still be edited by people that have edit rights, editing this in the middle of the flow is not too bad as the status will change anyway on the next approval. 

How can i lock down the colum as "view only"? I heard you can create a lookup ? But the both colums still shows in the edit options?

Is there a trick ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There really isn't a trick.  SharePoint doesn't support permissions at the column level, only at the item level or higher.  What you could do is lock down the entire record to prevent editing after the final Approval is complete.  To do that you'll need to use HTTP REST calls to break inheritance of Security and then change who has access to edit the record. Here's an article that shows how to add the Contribute permission.  But you can use the same procedure to add any permission level.

https://collab365.community/manage-permissions-sharepoint-list-item-using-microsoft-flow-add-contrib...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Okay great, thanks for the link ! I will try this at some point

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,870)