cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitsharma
Frequent Visitor

Locking/unlocking the items in Sharepoint List

Hi,

I have created a list in a Sharepoint and a Microsoft form which creates an item in the list whenever the form is submitted through a flows.

But there are more than 1 person will be working on the items. So I need a help who can let me know the best way to lock the item whenever one user editing the item so that other users cannot work on that particular item when the item is in locked state and release the lock once the user either save or cancel the item.

Thanks in advance,

Nitin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@nitsharma 

SharePoint does not support locking items in lists.  Documents can be checked out/in but a similar concept does not exist for lists.

You might consider storing the data in an Excel workbook stored in a SharePoint library as Excel does support co-authoring.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@nitsharma 

SharePoint does not support locking items in lists.  Documents can be checked out/in but a similar concept does not exist for lists.

You might consider storing the data in an Excel workbook stored in a SharePoint library as Excel does support co-authoring.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (70,828)