cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BO55VXR
Advocate II
Advocate II

Logging a flow's actions' inputs and outputs for search-ability

(I have put this in General, because it got flagged is spam in another sub-forum, maybe it was because it was in the wrong one)

I have a flow which is has a very high throughput, 1000s of messages per day which updates our systems.

Occasionally, bad data comes through which passes all the validations rules, but the data is plain wrong so we need to try and track back to the message the initiated the update.

I know you can view the run history but that only shows when messages arrived and what the outcome was (Completed, Failed, Canceled [sic]) but with the high throughput, is just not feasible.

However, what I would like to know is if it was possible to "journal" all the actions that happened inside the flow, the part where you open the flow instance and it shows you the path the flow took, along with all the inputs/outputs. In essence, what I am after is the data behind this URL

https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/{envID}/flows/{flowID}/runs/{runID}

With this data, we could dump it into some sort of data storage and if someone reports a rogue update, we could search the data storage to find the actual message and then track back to original source

Thanks..

2 REPLIES 2
Rahber
Super User
Super User

Have you tried looking at the CSV file you can export from the flow run?

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @BO55VXR 

I was looking for a solution for you, and it's already an idea submitted for Microsoft to solve.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/API-for-getting-flow-run-history/idi-p/5131...

I don't think that's possible, but @Rahber provided you with a potential workaround.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,679)