cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMMK64571
Helper I
Helper I

Longshot: Get string of emails from SharePoint, open Outlook to create Unique email content

I have created flows that will send an email when a row is created in SharePoint by collecting emails from another list.  But that is a standard format and I need a more unique solution for a new problem.  I have an employee resource group that is a mix of people with members with organizational email and personal email.  I would like to collect those from a SharePoint List and open Outlook email so that the body could be created uniquely.  Any suggestions?  <Fingers crossed>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

So if your current Sharepoint list stores email address and Full Name, you can implement a flow that will send one independent email per sharepoint item, meaning each target email address will receive its own email. You can add in the body Dear <full name> so you customize its contents also.

"The email going out will vary each time, announcing either an activity that members can participate in like Habitat for Humanity or a Health Fair as examples. "

So, either each person in your list has a preferred activity list associated, or you suggest then activities in a random way... you will probably need to have a second Sharepoint list with activities name, details etc. so you do not need to modify your flow everytime you want to add a new event.

Happy flowing!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

"I have an employee resource group that is a mix of people with members with organizational email and personal email. I would like to collect those from a SharePoint List and open Outlook email so that the body could be created uniquely. Any suggestions?"

Can you share a screenshot of your current Sharepoint list definition, and some examples describing which columns, tems etc you wish to collect ? Also if you can specify a little bit email body structure expected

THanx

Proud to be a Flownaut!

No.  This does not yet exist.  I do not want to put in the effort to build it out if this is not possible.

I will have a SharePoint list that just has an email for each member, and possibly their full name as a secondary field.  The email going out will vary each time, announcing either an activity that members can participate in like Habitat for Humanity or a Health Fair as examples.  This is why the flow needs to create the email string, open Outlook and copy it into the To: field and then whomever will create the body contents.

Hi

So if your current Sharepoint list stores email address and Full Name, you can implement a flow that will send one independent email per sharepoint item, meaning each target email address will receive its own email. You can add in the body Dear <full name> so you customize its contents also.

"The email going out will vary each time, announcing either an activity that members can participate in like Habitat for Humanity or a Health Fair as examples. "

So, either each person in your list has a preferred activity list associated, or you suggest then activities in a random way... you will probably need to have a second Sharepoint list with activities name, details etc. so you do not need to modify your flow everytime you want to add a new event.

Happy flowing!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

I think I may be able to work with this, (PowerApp needed seems like), but I am curious how you would format the body, and how you would put the signature at the end.  Would the signature be stored in yet another list as an image perhaps?

Hi!

As far as I know, Power Automate cannot embed images in email bodys yet

But, you can easily add outputs from other action blocks to your email body, also variables

You can also add HTML code.

My suggestion is just to try it. THere are thousands of examples in this community, also videotutorials etc.

Happy flowing!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,317)