cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Domin
Helper II
Helper II

Looped Send Email Notification takes ages to send emails !

Hi All ! 

Has anyone ever experiences issues with the Send Email Notification taking absolute ages to send emails ?

I have a Distribution Group in the cloud which has 46 members, I get the group members, then send them the email. 

Email contains a small PDF file taken of a SP library after its been PDF'd. It used to work very fast, on average literally like 20 seconds. I had one running for 4 DAYS! These attached files are not big either, roughly 140kb's as its a template. I have tested this in a separate manual flow just to send the email and it worked ok. I have created another group to test, but I am yet to find out the results. 

Domin_0-1608564775228.png

Any ideas ?

Domin_1-1608564856328.png

11 REPLIES 11
Gopala_Krishna
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Domin 

Instead of using SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION can you try using SEND EMAIL(v3) this has a little faster processing compared with the Mail Connector actions.

You can also try clicking on the three ellipses(...) on the Apply to Each action card, and you will find an option called concurrency control, turn it on and try setting the value to either 2/40 and check if it increasing the speed of processing. Concurrency is nothing but the degree of parallel executions flow can have at a time.

I suggest working with the first scenario and if that doesn't help then go with the second one.

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

Please check out the website(PowerCards) for information related to Power Platform

Hey @Gopala_Krishna 

I am already using the V3 version,

Domin_0-1608629303400.png

Is this what you meant ? What does it actually do ? 

Domin_1-1608629338303.png

Thanks !

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Could you please explain why do you send a separate message to each group member instead of sending one message to the group?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Very good question, I originally did it but cant remember why ! It worked okay though so far for around a year. 

II guess getting rid of the loop would eliminate the issue...

I now remember why, its because when i set this flow up it was not possible to send to Distribution groups using the Mail connector, from what i recall... 

> it was not possible to send to Distribution groups using the Mail connector

Hmm, really? Did you try to send to a DG now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me if i am wrong but i dont think you can, still.

I just tried and nothing happened, DG is set to accept external emails but track and trace shows nothing. 

I found a post on this forum where someone suggested the solution i have where you grab the members of the group first. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Unable-to-send-the-mail-to-Distribution-group/td-...

I will test with the outlook connector. 

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Domin,

I've just tested it and it works. Look:

Sendtodg1.png 

Hey 

This does work ! Will have to use with the actual email connector, the notification still doesn't work, but its ok!

It actually worked without the variable too.

I don't work much with AAD Distribution Groups, but I know that a message sent via the Mail connector's "Send an email notification (V3)" action will not be delivered to an M365 group mailbox. I have no idea why. The group mailbox is configured to accept external messages, and messages sent from other outside addresses arrive just fine. Try to use that Mail connector and it just never gets delivered. I had our Exchange admin investigate and all he could tell me is that the message never even hit the mailbox.

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ChadVKealey, that's really interesting but the topic starter told us about a distribution group, not about a M365 group mailbox. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,932)