cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

MS Flow- How to get first 220 characters from excel sheet column when creating a new element in Sharepoint?

Hi,

I'm using a flow for the following senario.

When a new response is submitted by using MS Form, I create a new element in the sharepoint. Look at the attached image. But my flow was failed since the element had characters more than 255. 

Earlier I used to solve this issue using compose. But after the new relase in last year I cannot find this compose. So I don't know how i can get first 250 charaters from excel sheet before creating the element in Sharepoint.

Can anyone help me? 😔 

Thanks in advance

5.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hello,

When you say you cannot find Compose, what do you mean by that?

You can find compose in the data operations actions.

Power Automate has since updated MS forms. You no longer need a apply to each loop.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Frequent Visitor

Earlier I used following condition in my previous flows..

if(greater(length(outputs('Compose_3')),220),concat(substring(outputs('Compose_3'),0,220),'...'),outputs('Compose_3')).

According to my senario how can I get first 220 characters from excel sheet column when creating a new element in Sharepoint?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (46,722)