cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankChen
Regular Visitor

MS Flow Web API cannot create a Flow with connections

Hi, 

I am currently looking at Microsoft Flow Web API and was able to programmtically create a Flow via https://xxxx.crm.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/workflows endpoint by using a exported Flow JSON definition. However, the created Flow doesn't include any connection information and requires people to manually select a connection. I am just wondering since the purpose of Flow Web API is to allow people to import/export a Flow programmatically, it's kindly useless if there is not way to referenece or create connection programmtically. Most of Flow include one or multiple connections.

Can anyone point out how to: 

• associate a existing connection to created Flow programmtically? or
  • create a new connection?

Thanks

Frank

2 REPLIES 2
kewaiss

Hi Frank,

You can patch the clientData of the flow with the names of the connections. You'll need to provide the connectionName, source, and id properties. See this page for more details.

Let us know if you still are having trouble.

Hi Kewaiss,

I am trying to update a flow once it is imported to the Target environment with the Connection present in that environment. Trying to patch clientData with the connection id, but getting a bad request issue while doing so.

Kindly suggest how the clientData value should look for an update of a flow? We need to update the flow in the Target environment programatically to avoid the users having to do it for each flow (multiple connections) after every deployment.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,490)