Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ElectroVolqz
Level: Power Up

MS Flow how to track email sent

Hello;

What I want is to be able to track email received and sent. Until now, I am able to track emails that I received, for those emails I track them in excel, with no issue. However, when I tried to do the same for the emails sent but it does not work (the flow never runs or maybe the trigger is never activated).

Any opinion is more than welcome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: MS Flow how to track email sent

Hey @ElectroVolqz 

Yes. So this flow will only trigger "When the email arrives" to the specified folder of the specified account that was used to provide connection to this trigger. You cannot track sent emails from this trigger and the trigger When an email is sent is currently not supported in flow. 

If you think it should be added as a feature, you can create an idea or upvote already existing ones here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @ElectroVolqz 

Can you share more details? What trigger are you using for this flow? 

Note that received mails are tracked with the message ID in subsequent actions but this ID is not supported for email being sent (from flow or otherwise) in flow. Makes sense? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

ElectroVolqz
Level: Power Up

@yashag2255 

The trigger being use is "when a new email arrive (v3)" for office365

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @ElectroVolqz 

Yes. So this flow will only trigger "When the email arrives" to the specified folder of the specified account that was used to provide connection to this trigger. You cannot track sent emails from this trigger and the trigger When an email is sent is currently not supported in flow. 

If you think it should be added as a feature, you can create an idea or upvote already existing ones here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,445)