Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElectroVolqz
Advocate I
Advocate I

MS Flow how to track email sent

Hello;

What I want is to be able to track email received and sent. Until now, I am able to track emails that I received, for those emails I track them in excel, with no issue. However, when I tried to do the same for the emails sent but it does not work (the flow never runs or maybe the trigger is never activated).

Any opinion is more than welcome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @ElectroVolqz 

Yes. So this flow will only trigger "When the email arrives" to the specified folder of the specified account that was used to provide connection to this trigger. You cannot track sent emails from this trigger and the trigger When an email is sent is currently not supported in flow. 

If you think it should be added as a feature, you can create an idea or upvote already existing ones here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @ElectroVolqz 

Can you share more details? What trigger are you using for this flow? 

Note that received mails are tracked with the message ID in subsequent actions but this ID is not supported for email being sent (from flow or otherwise) in flow. Makes sense? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

@yashag2255 

The trigger being use is "when a new email arrive (v3)" for office365

Hey @ElectroVolqz 

Yes. So this flow will only trigger "When the email arrives" to the specified folder of the specified account that was used to provide connection to this trigger. You cannot track sent emails from this trigger and the trigger When an email is sent is currently not supported in flow. 

If you think it should be added as a feature, you can create an idea or upvote already existing ones here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

@yashag2255 I'd like to upvote this, but it won't let me follow your link...? 😣

Hey @Magikmissy 

The link provided is to the ideas forum where you can check out the posts by other users or create new ones. 

However, if you are looking for a work around on this, i tested the configuration as when an email arrives and changed the folder to sent box. It works pretty much fine. 

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 

I've tried using Sent Items and Outboox but neither worked, and the flow works perfectly when this is just changed to Inbox. : /

I'll try to find the ideas forum myself!

Upvote this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,399)