cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlowUser1
Level: Powered On

MS Flow populate a microsoft word template 500 bad gateway error

MS Flow.png

I am trying to use the Populate a Microsoft Word template and any combination I try with that action, I get a badgateway error.

I tried different template files, simple flows with nothing in them, deleting and readding the connection with no success.

has anyone encountered that issue and found a workaround?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FlowUser1

Re: MS Flow populate a microsoft word template 500 bad gateway error

Hello All,

Last update in case it helps someone else

- The issue with the encountered error went away today (was a Microsoft issue).

- We figured out that the BadGateway error was due to the fact that the control content property on each of the boxes inside the teamplate docx file  has to show as "Bounding Box"

Once we did that, the word template action started showing all the fields in the template word doc and the badgateway error went away

1.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Harry_G
Level 8

@FlowUser1 ,

please check your connection or reset the connection, if error still occured than I think there is some error on microsoft server.

Thanks,

Harry_G

FlowUser1

Thank you Harry_G.

yes, I deleted the connection and readded it with same error.

Has anyone been succeful in using the connection recently?

Did microsoft report that the word online connection is not working?

see below images (file path hidden on purpose)

2.png

3.png

iivanov

I've had the same issue since the launch of this connector...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FlowUser1 ,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The "Populate a microsoft word template" action in my flow works fine as below:

Capture.PNG

Please take a try on your side to add the action again to see if the issue still exists.

Also you could take a try to clear the browser cache.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jonnyflash
Level: Power Up

I had it work for me once from my OneDrive, the first time I tried. Once I made a single change to the template file I was testing with I started having this same error, but it only shows when it's a proper Word document with the correct active x controls. It gives correct errors otherwise, such as if a word document with no active x controls is selected, it says there are no supported elements. It only gives me the error with files that have the proper elements. I have tried new test docs as well with a single control and I always get the bad gateway error no matter where in my OnDrive it's stored.

Furthermore, I also get the error "The selected file source is not currently supported." for any group or sharepoint location. This one has never worked, and the error shows regardless of the file. It actaully shows the moment I select the location.

Adding one edit to this. I now have 2 Flows with this template in it and both show "Encountered internal server error." when trying to access them. I created a new one and once I leave the flow editor, I can't get back in to view it or edit it. If I directly go to edit it, it shows this error:

If you contact support, you may be asked to provide the following details:

Time:
Server/Client Correlation ID: 8e05a25e-35ad-4de6-ba14-a7b7c9fb9b2a
x-ms-client-request-id (Client->Backend Request Header): 02d0a9ba-0558-469e-968f-bfef-a689c4a2
x-ms-correlation-request-id (Backend Response Header): bc4e7ef5-24a7-451c-9841-76abac184c24
Error: Encountered internal server error. The tracking Id is 'bc4e7ef5-24a7-451c-9841-76abac184c24'.
FlowUser1

Hello JonnyFlash,

- Using a file stored in sharepoint with microsoft word template is a known bug and I read somewhere that they acknowlege it is not working

- Today, a new error (similar to what you got) started occuring on the flows that have microsoft word template connector on them (I did not have the error yesterday and nothing changed on teh flow). they spin and nothing happens, can't edit them or save a copy of them.

I thought maybe this is related to the Flow message displayed on the support site about the flow bug

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

I was going to wait until tomorrow once the internal error hopelly is resolved by microsoft before I resume looking into the flow

1.png2.png

FlowUser1

Hello All,

Last update in case it helps someone else

- The issue with the encountered error went away today (was a Microsoft issue).

- We figured out that the BadGateway error was due to the fact that the control content property on each of the boxes inside the teamplate docx file  has to show as "Bounding Box"

Once we did that, the word template action started showing all the fields in the template word doc and the badgateway error went away

1.png

View solution in original post

iivanov

Thank you very much. Can't wait to try this. Love Flow, but the lack of extensive documentation on connectors is very frustrating.

Highlighted
deacaroo

Hi - I seem to be getting the BadGateway error too and the proposed workaround doesn't seem to work either. The only difference I note to the error previously mentioned is that I don't get the '500. BadGateway' - just 'BadGateway'. 

I've tried logging in with different accounts with varying permissions and licences, but still the same error.

Any ideas? Tell me I'm not alone!

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 5,715 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: