cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

MS Flow should not add Flow owner name in Update event in a column

In an risk approval flow, multiple people approves a risk. Based on every approval, an update event is called to add 'Responser Display name' in approval progress column. In this event, along with Responser name,  my name (Flow owner name) and date is also added. I expect only 'Responser Display name' should be added. It should not add my name and date every time. Is there any way to achieve it?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: MS Flow should not add Flow owner name in Update event in a column

Hi @mbhushan 

Flow runs in the context of its connectors

Since the Flow connections run with ur account, an update item will set the modified by to your name

From the approval action, you can get the responder name and store that in a column, but the modifed by will be under your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbhushan ,

Could you share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

Do you want to store the Approval response in the List?

If you want to get the Responder name, you could refer to the following configuration:

52.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Barry,
I have already captured the name of approver and updated it in list. However along with it it always additional line for my name and date which i want to avoid. See below screen shot.

The line starts with Approved by and blue highlighte text, is the one which you suggested. It is approvers name captured in in update event. This is required. 

Red line is highlighted which is added automatically in Update event which have my name and date. I want to skip it. Please suggest

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbhushan ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi 

Attached is pic of flow. The column is highlighted in black circle which we are talking about.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbhushan ,

Thank you for your reply, but the screenshot you uploaded is too small for me to view the specific configuration.

Could you please upload a clearer screenshot again?

Besides, it seems that Approval progress is a multi-line text field, you could consider directly configuring the Response summary in this field.

Image reference:

94.PNG

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi

I am already capturing the Response and updated it in 'Approval Progress (multiline column). its working fine. now i have modified the flow so it would be visible correctly. pls check.  My issue is everytime i capture this response in 'Approval progress' (Multiline column) it add response + an additional line for my name and date. Since i capture response from multiple approvers, everytime this additional line is added with my name and date. I want to avoid it. plz check the Screen shot of my above post for this additional line. 

Capture1.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbhushan ,

It seems that you are using the template to create a Flow. The Approval action involved in the screenshot has been updated. Please try to use the latest Approval action to recreate the Flow.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,188)