cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostInTheSauce
Helper I
Helper I

MS Flow to SharePoint List Export into Excel and email

I know you can export a list into excel within the list in SharePoint.

However, I was trying to kick a flow that once an item is generated that it would convert the list to excel and send it via email to the person.  I've seen where you can convert a library but I haven't seen anything about a list.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

Do you want to export SharePoint list to Excel file using Flow?

Currently, we could export all the items from the list as csv file or html table, but it is not possible to export the list items to an Excel file directly.

However, if you have a template Excel table on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint library, please take the following workaround for a reference.

In my scenario, there is an Excel table on OneDrive for Business, which is used to store data from the list. Whenever a new item is created in the list, insert the item into the Excel, then get the data from OneDrive for business and send it as an attachment to a person via email.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LostInTheSauce ,

Do you want to export SharePoint list to Excel file using Flow?

Currently, we could export all the items from the list as csv file or html table, but it is not possible to export the list items to an Excel file directly.

However, if you have a template Excel table on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint library, please take the following workaround for a reference.

In my scenario, there is an Excel table on OneDrive for Business, which is used to store data from the list. Whenever a new item is created in the list, insert the item into the Excel, then get the data from OneDrive for business and send it as an attachment to a person via email.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,111)