cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

MS Flow to add an event right after any event is created (that has "bf" in subject)

Dear forum,

I'd like to create a flow that automatically creates an event following any event created as a buffer zone to recap the meeting or 

Maybe the control could have "bf" in the subject triggering the buffer zone flow or not, otherwise it might become too crazy.

I can't seem to figure out how to use the create even to use the same ID as the previously created event (and then making an event for 10mins right after the original event)

Anyone have any ideas how to go about this one?

Thanks in advance!

Kr,

Stein

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: MS Flow to add an event right after any event is created (that has "bf" in subject)

Hey @SteinG ,

I think I have a solution for you. 

Screenshot_2019-10-29_at_09_29_12.jpg

The idea is to have another event called "Buffer" for X amount of minutes. You can change the formula to adapt to the time you need.

Here's the formula:

addMinutes(triggerBody()?['end'],15)

We need the IF since the creation of the "Buffer" event is itself a reason to trigger the Flow, so we would have flow creating events after events.

The end result:

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 09.28.54.png

Is this what you need?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: MS Flow to add an event right after any event is created (that has "bf" in subject)

Hey @SteinG ,

I think I have a solution for you. 

Screenshot_2019-10-29_at_09_29_12.jpg

The idea is to have another event called "Buffer" for X amount of minutes. You can change the formula to adapt to the time you need.

Here's the formula:

addMinutes(triggerBody()?['end'],15)

We need the IF since the creation of the "Buffer" event is itself a reason to trigger the Flow, so we would have flow creating events after events.

The end result:

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 09.28.54.png

Is this what you need?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

hi @manuelstgomes, this seems to be exactly what I need! 

I had a big difficulty getting the right time zone though, because I am in Belgium (Brussels) however I had to select UTC standard to get the time to follow correctly!

Thanks again,

Stein

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,665)