cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TalhaShaikh
Level: Powered On

MS Form to PDF to Email

Hello, 

I am trying to implement a flow that is triggered when a response is submitted in MS Form. The form is then converted to a PDF which is attached to an email, and sent off to the listed personnel. 

The issue that I am having is the format of the PDF. The current format of the output is in the following image below: 

MS Form Output.PNG

The following image below is the way I would like the formatting to be for this form so that it is readable: 

MS Form Output - The way I want it..PNG

Please let me know what can be done to fix this formatting issue. I have successfully ran this flow multiple times. The only issue is the formatting, I am not sure what I can do to test out different methods of formatting. 

Best Regards, 

Talha Shaikh 

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: MS Form to PDF to Email

Hi @TalhaShaikh 

Use the template Create a file in OneDrive (Business) on Microsoft Forms submission

This will create a file in Onedrive and then convert it to pdf using the one drive action and then email the file

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

TalhaShaikh
Level: Powered On

Re: MS Form to PDF to Email

Hello, 

I have structured everything the following way: 

Flow Structure.PNG

I had a failure in the convert file action by the name of "Status Code: 406". Here is the structure of that action: 

Create File Structure.PNG

The other area that I am struggling with is when I want to attach the converted file onto the email. I am unsure how to go about finding the file withing flow. Here is what my email structure looks like: 

Email Structure.PNG

Any help is appreciated. I am trying to apply this flow to our organizations incident reporting process. Which is why it is important for me to make sure that the format is decent, and that the email of that pdf is sent to key personnel. 

Thank you again for taking to the time to help me on my quest! 

Regards, 

Talha Shaikh 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,301)