cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DenisMolodtsov
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

MS Teams connector - "Post a message" action fails randomly with Failed to Authenticate error

We've been experiencing very unstable performance of the Teams connector in our MS Flow for the last 8 days, since April 8th.

Whet trying to post a message on a Teams channel, we get ad error: "Error authenticating with resource." This is very strange, because in most cases, this action is successful. I would say between 1% and 5% of all Teams actions are failing when trying to post a message on a Team channel via Flow.

If anyone knows anything about it or can suggest something we will really appreciate your help.

I'm adding as much useful information as possible in this post:

Teams4.png

Error message

{
  "error": {
    "code": "AuthenticationError",
    "message": "Error authenticating with resource.",
    "innerError": {
      "request-id": "287d95f9-fbc4-488f-9c4b-f6da40edeb0d",
      "date": "2019-04-12T12:10:45"
    }
  }
}

Request-id

287d95f9-fbc4-488f-9c4b-f6da40edeb0d
Envrionment Name + ID: 
<Redacted> (Upgrade) (orgf1d36f13)

ServerInfo

"DataCenter":"East US",

"Slice":"SliceC",

"Ring":"5",

"ScaleUnit":"002",

"RoleInstance":"AGSFE_IN_38",

"ADSiteName":"EUS"

Action used

Post a message (preview)

Teams1.png

Screenshot of the Flow

Teams2.png

History of the Flow

Note, that most of the errors occur between 8 and 10 am EST. But they can also occur any time. for example at 11am or 2pm.

teams3.png

Update

This is what us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support says today. I wonder if it's related?

Warning: We've confirmed widespread connection failures impacting flow runs on April 10th, 3:40 to 5:40 PM UTC. Engineers are currently investigating root-cause.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DenisMolodtsov
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Update: April 17 2019

We haven't encountered a single failure in the last 20 hours. That's a good sign, but we will wait for a couple of days for more statistics to accumulate.

Update: April 29 2019

Not a single failure in the last 13 days. The issue went away on its own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @DenisMolodtsov ,

I think the cause of this issue maybe that you have used the custom value in the 'Post a message' action.

Sometimes the action can't find the channel.

However it's my conjecture.

Sorry for that, I can't reproduce the issue on my side.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhos-msft,

The custom values are always the same whether Post fails with an 400 error or succeeds with 201 code:

Same inputs 1.png

Morning posts now have failed every day for the last 3 days in the row. I will try to ask the owner of the flow to re-type credentials in the connector and see if it helps.

DenisMolodtsov
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Update: April 17 2019

We haven't encountered a single failure in the last 20 hours. That's a good sign, but we will wait for a couple of days for more statistics to accumulate.

Update: April 29 2019

Not a single failure in the last 13 days. The issue went away on its own.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,500)