Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Super User
Super User

MS Word Business Connector Vs Plumsail Documents

Good morning community.

I have two questions in regards with the subject:

1. For you as a developer if you or your users need to create documents based on a word/excel template and then Save as PDF, which option do you prefer Business Connector or Plumsail Documents?

2. Is not clear in the MS portal where to buy that connector, and as you can see if I want to create a template and also convert to PDF that means I need to buy two addons separately?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Regards

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@sajarac 

I'll leave the licensing questions for others but I do want to mention that you can use a OneDrive for Business feature to convert documents to a PDF format - this is not a premium feature.

Also, you can link fields in a Word document to columns in a SharePoint library.  When you populate or update the columns, that data is reflected in the document.  This technique has limitations but it has one advantage - it does not require a premium license or require the purchase of a license from a 3rd party vendor.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @sajarac 

You could also use this approach for creating documents from templates using the Encodian connector: https://blog.encodian.com/2020/05/populate-a-word-or-pdf-document-using-power-automate/

Ref purchasing connectors; the Word Online (Business) is a premium connector and you would need to purchase the relevant licenses within your Office 365 tenant and then assign as required. For third party connectors you'll need to visit the Vendors website and follow there specific process.

For Encodian you'd simply request an API Key: https://www.encodian.com/apikey

For Plumsail visit https://plumsail.com/documents/ and then click the 'Request a Trial button'

HTH

Jay

Hey Thank @Jay-Encodian, it seems like encondian at the end is the same application as Plumsail? I mean the purpose is the same not?

Hi @sajarac

There's lots of crossover between the Encodian connector and Plumsail, but there's a lot more capability overall in the Encodian connection (more actions).

I'd recommend testing both connectors as features are slightly different and you may have preference either way.

HTH

Jay

@ScottShearer Is there a link with more information on how to update a Word Document with SharePoint columns? If so, would you please share?

I'm interested in testing this option prior to purchasing a third party tool.

Thanks, in advance, for your information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,429)