Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Level 8

MS Word Connector and Pictures

Hello guys,

Quick question here:

how to insert pictures into the word template using the MS word connector, flow and power apps?

What I am facing now is:

I have finally my app working fine, with a click I can produce my word template using the word connector and MS Flow. but I would like to insert a single picture or the pictures from my collection associated with an specific record.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

14 REPLIES 14
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: MS Word Connector and Pictures

Hey @sajarac 

I am assuming that you have already created the field in Word. Based on that, the picture type field only takes png/jpg files and you need to structure the flow as: eeew.png

Basically create the image variable as an object with content and content type. and then reference it to the word field. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very much for your prompt response,

Is this solution applicable for pictures in a collection?

If I take several pictures in a collection and after hit the button that start the flow those pictures will be included in my word template? or is just for a single picture?

Thanks in advance

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sajarac 

This is for  single picture. But if you have a collection of pictures, you will need to know the number of pictures that you are passing from the collection. And then you should have those many number of picture fields in the doc. Assuming you want all pics on the same document. 

If it is pictures on different documents, then you can simply use the apply to each on the collection (after sending it to flow and create an array out of it) and populate the template. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

sajarac
Level 8

Yes, I have my inspection app in that app I am creating a record in my Share Point List, that record is associate with 5 pictures. So when I patch the datasource "SPL" at the same time my flow is saving those pitures un a Picture Library folder. I am able to retrieve that record from my Share point list but the metadata and put it in my Word Template, but I would like to include those 5 pictures associated with the selected record.

I hope this explain what I am trying to achive.

thank you very much for you assistance.

I guess I need to see a video or tutorial to replicate this.

thank you kindly

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sajarac 

So as I understand, you need all the pictures on the same document. So you can create those 5 picture fields in the template and then populate each of them by retrievng the records from SharePoint. (you can also do that directly if you are sending the images from PowerApps through FLow to SP)

Hope this Helps!

sajarac
Level 8

Yes, yes and yes.....

That sounds wornderful in a perfect world, but I am in baby steps. it took me almost two weeks to get the metadata populated in the word template. I hope someone creates a video explaining this.

Thank you very much for your help!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sajarac 

Alrighty! I guess there are a couple of YouTube videos on the word templates but I am not sure if those are covering image sections too. However, I have tested the solution I provided to you and it works fine in my env. I would suggest you take a try with that and let us know if it worked. Or else, post screenshots of what you have done so far and maybe we can take a look at it. 

Hope this Helps!

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very much again.

I will do my best and let you know.

Best regards.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sajarac ,

Have you had an opportunity to apply yashag2255's recommendations to adapt your Flow?

Were the suggestions above able to help you with your issue?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sajarac
Level 8

Good morning @v-bacao-msft , unfortunally no. I start doing this and always has to replace the flow with the flow_backup because didn't works.

I still checking checking youtube videos and this guy posted a version 2 of his video but the insert a pricture directly from the app or a collection is not covered, I also asked if is possible to do it but no response so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYs-SnflUpQ

Thank you very much for your interest.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @sajarac 

If you can share screenshots of the flow you have built so far and some details on the scenario you are building, we might be able to help you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

sajarac
Level 8

Hi, I didn't realize that the MS word connector is a premium plan. I don't know how much this will affect our developments, and in fact I don't know if the company will be interested in extend everybodys plan. Or maybe and this is a silly question? Me as a developer I am the only person who needs an extended plan to use the premium conenctors? and all my users they can be a regular/stadnard users? Sorry this is confusin with microsoft in this days.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sajarac 

Yep the Word connector is indeed a premium one. Now it toally depends on the Flow that you are building. You need to specify the connection that users will be using while the Word action is executed. If the users are run only and will be providing their own connection then everyone will have to upgrade else one license would suffice. Note that there are changes expected on licensing in the next month so hang on until then to make a better decision on the licensing for your scenario. 

Hope this Helps!

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very mcuh for you advice. I guess in a perfect world my company is not interested in having many people developing. So in this case just one person "me" with all of the features enabled and the rest of the users with all of the benfits using the apps. having o no premium but still using it.

Thank you very much.

I will keep you posted once I have my side done

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,401)