cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MappeMappe

MS Word vs Planner

My workplace work a lot with word documents and I think most like to keep it that way. Now we are implementing teams and planner, and we are trying to get a more systematic way of working. The perfect solution in my book would be to be able to inside of word documents, create tasks that are linked that are linked to this document. When in the document, the tasks connected to the document should be visible, and should dissapear when the task is marked complete. Also, in the task in planner, there should be a link to this document. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

"Also, in the task in planner, there should be a link to this document. Is this possible?"

This post explains how to add attachments to a Planner Task with Power Automate

https://www.alanps1.io/power-platform/flow/flow-create-planner-task-and-include-attachments-from-out...

The scenario covered in the post is based on attachments received via email, the design uses Sharepoint to store them, get a link and store the link in Planner Task.... so I guess you can adapt it to your specific requirements Please note there is a limit in nr of Attached links per Planner Task, max 9.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi again!

"The perfect solution in my book would be to be able to inside of word documents, create tasks that are linked that are linked to this document... When in the document, the tasks connected to the document should be visible... "

So I am assuming your word docs are stored in a Sharepoint library. If so, you can:

-manually execute a flow whenever you select a file in this library, this flow will create a Planner task

-redesign your SP library, you can add a new column so your Flow can fill it with an hyperlink to the Planner task

Hope this makes sense

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (59,871)