cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PalakAgrawal
Frequent Visitor

MS approval mail

Hi All,

Is there any way which can be used to track the approval mails sent via MS Flow in D365.

I need to display the mails against CRM record in timeline.

Thanks,

Palak

11 REPLIES 11
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

Can you share more details on this? You can access all the approvals in the approavl centre. 

Also, you can use the CDS connector to get a list of all the approvals and use any filters to filter out accordingly/dda.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I am sending the approval mail to users and I want to track these mails in CRM against case record. Just like how we get the Email Activities in timelines in D365.

Since in approval email connector we dont have any field(eg regarding) to set the CRM record against it, I am looking for a workaround to track it in CRM.

Thanks,

Palak

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

Cool.

1. You can use the CDS connector to get these approvals and identify a unique attribute to refer these to respective cases. 

2. You can create the records on the case enetity and update the attribute when you sen the approval itself. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I am not able to find approval entity in CDS connector.

Do I need to enable something to view it?

Thanks.

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

Check if you are connecting to the right environment. Can you share a screenshot of what you see in the entitities for the CDS connector as I have shown in one of my previous responses?

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Yes I selected the correct env. PFB screenshot-

Capture.PNG

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

Can you confirm that you are able to create approvals in the flows? Do you have the required roles and accesses to access the entities in the environment? 

Note that udually the Approvals related entities sit in the Default environment. I made a small test on my side by going to the default environment and created a flow :ddfe.PNG

Alternatively, in the default environment, you can go to solutions and check if you can see the "Microsoft Flow Solutions" solution. 

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Yes I am having required privileges in env to access entities. ANd Approval mails are also getting created and working fine.

Though I am not able to see Microsoft Flow Solutions in my env. Does it have anything to do with trial org? Because I am using trial org right now.

PFB screenshot-

Capture1.PNG

Hey @PalakAgrawal 

I can see the approavls entity in your screenshot. Can you try using that and check if it is returning the desired records?

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Is it possible to get this entity in the env which I am working on instead of default one? I am not able to find this entity in default solution as well. I though of checking the records of this entity in Advanced find view.

With CDS connector I am able to get the records(Approval) but now I want to relate it with case record so I thought of creating a relation of Flow Approval entity with Case entity.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

1. You cannot move it from the Default solution. 

2. You could create some attributes (Approval Title, Approval Assigned to and Approval status) on the case entity and create flows to keep updating the case entity as the approvals get updated. 

Note: The Microsoft Flow Approvals is a manged solution and all the components within are managed so you cannot modify or make any changes to it that way. 

It is advised not make any changes on that as it could seriously corrupt the approvals feature in the process. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,242)