cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DeanGross
Level: Powered On

Mail message - Exchange transport rules

When a Flow sends a mail message, is that message analzyed by the Exchange Transport rules or is any other type of analysis performed or configurable?

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_Song

Re: Mail message - Exchange transport rules

@DeanGross, I think the message is analyzed by the transport rule configured in the Exchange server, I don't think it is allowed for you to configure transport rule in Microsoft Flow. By the way, do you get any specific issues when working with Flow? 

DeanGross

Thanks, my primary issue is the lack of detailed technical documentation for network settings and the various services. My client has very strict security policies, and we keep running into issues with the network firewall and proxy servers because we don't know what needs to be opened. There are also some concerns about how the various services will interact with existing security tools and the lack of detail about what each service does makes it difficult to have confidence that security will be maintained.

On a related note, it appears that Flow only works with Exchange Online mailboxes and not with Exchange Server mailboxes, but I'm having a hard time confirming this and cannot find any official documenation that this in fact the case. 

Vicky_Song

@DeanGross, sorry for the inconvenience it brings you. I have to agree with you that currently some detailed official documentation are unavailable, I will report it internally and hope the Flow PGs can help. BTY, any time you got issues when work with Microsoft Flow, welcome post your issues here, our support engineers are always ready to help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 101 members 4,347 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: