cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt1220
Frequent Visitor

Making a comment mandatory in the approval

I am trying to find a way to make the comment section mandatory when an item is rejected in sharepoint. Is there a way to do this or to update the approve/reject buttons? Something beyond making the do until flow, since the problem is that they are not reading the need for comments so I doubt a resubmission of apply/reject will phase them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt1220 ,

I'm afraid there is no direct way to make a comment mandatory in the approval.

But there is a workaround for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Mandatory-Comments-for-Approvals/m-p/3148...

You can put the Approval in a Loop, check the Comments when they come back and if they are empty you can resend the Approval.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt1220 ,

I'm afraid there is no direct way to make a comment mandatory in the approval.

But there is a workaround for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Mandatory-Comments-for-Approvals/m-p/3148...

You can put the Approval in a Loop, check the Comments when they come back and if they are empty you can resend the Approval.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,764)