Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ibrahimkhalil
Helper I
Helper I

Mandatory information

Dears,

kindly note that i created a 2 level approvals flow, and i want the first approver to provide extra information (mandatory) so that it will go to next phase approval.

is there any option that can do this, other than approve or not approve?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ibrahim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Ibrahimkhalil :

One way to approach this would be place the first approval inside of a do until loop.  Decalre a boolean variable before the loop and initialize it to false. Run the loop until the variable is true.

Indicate in the first approval details section that they must supply this information in the approvals comments.

When they take action on the approval, check to see if there are any comments (i.e. check for null).

If there are no comments, then approval will run again.

If there are comments, then set the variable to ture.  That will stop the loop and you can move onto the next approval.

Please note that by default a Do Until loop will only run 1 hour.  You'll want to change that by editing the "Change limits" in the loop.  To have the loop run for 10 days, enter P10D.

Let me know if you need an example.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

I would probably do this by having the extra information from the first approver (in the comments on the email) update a SharePoint column and also update a column called firstApprover to Yes. Then a second flow using the When an item is created or modified triggers and looks at the firstApprover column and if it's Yes it triggers the next stage of the approval.

Rob
Los Gallardos

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Ibrahimkhalil :

One way to approach this would be place the first approval inside of a do until loop.  Decalre a boolean variable before the loop and initialize it to false. Run the loop until the variable is true.

Indicate in the first approval details section that they must supply this information in the approvals comments.

When they take action on the approval, check to see if there are any comments (i.e. check for null).

If there are no comments, then approval will run again.

If there are comments, then set the variable to ture.  That will stop the loop and you can move onto the next approval.

Please note that by default a Do Until loop will only run 1 hour.  You'll want to change that by editing the "Change limits" in the loop.  To have the loop run for 10 days, enter P10D.

Let me know if you need an example.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi @ScottShearer ,

Many thanks for your help, the below solution worked for me.

thank you,

Ibrahim

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (5,459)