cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleung
Frequent Visitor

Manipulate filename from email attachment

I used the SharePoint create file action to save file to SharePoint library from email attachments. It overwrites the file if it already exist. I then try to add with timestamp to the filename but only as prefix because the "Name" dynamic content from email attachment includes file extension. Ideally, the new filename should be [filename]-[timestamp].[file extension]

I am still new to use Flow. Anyone has suggestion or work around for this? Thank you.

25 REPLIES 25

Great tutorial. I'm getting this error message: 

The template validation failed: 'The action(s) 'Compose-GetFileName, Compose-GetFileExtension' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Compose_3' are not defined in the template.'.

Ring any bells?

HI @pagemian 

That means that the name of your actions do not match the names of the actions in the walkthrough. Here's what you can do:

• You can update the expressions to use the name of your Compose_3 action
  • Or you can rename your Compose actions to match the names I'm using: Compose-GetFileName and Compose-GetFileExtension.

Once you do any of the above, your Flow should be fine. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or issues.

Regards.

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Worked like a charm! Thank you. What I'd really like to do is have the file name be the subject line of the incoming email. Any thoughts? I've removed the Compose-Timestamp function so far.

Nevermind! Changed the input for get filename to email subject. DONE! Thanks again!

Hi @pagemian 

Glad you got it working 😀

Fausto Capellan, Jr
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Hi,

thank you for this flow works perfectly. 

I was wondering how can I put a condition to exclude certain file types such as .png or jpg as the signature images are also getting captured in this flow?

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,222)