Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
acwalker84
Level: Powered On

Manually Trigger Flow a selected Email

Hello.
Is there any way to have a flow triggered manuall from any email.

Eg I get 100s of emails from the same people with generally the same characteristics (so cant trigger from known data).
I might read a particular email and decide that this one needs 1 of 3 flows to happen.

Can I inside the email select a button or something and have a flow triggered that will be able to capture information from that email? (Eg only when and IF I decide)

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Manually Trigger Flow a selected Email

Hi @acwalker84 ,

The trigger "Manually Trigger Flow a selected Email" is not supported in microsoft flo currently, if you would like this feature to trigger flow for a selected email to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @acwalker84 there isn't a trigger available from Outlook which does everything you want at the moment. This seems to be a good suggestion to me so would be worth raising a suggestion to the Flow team.

The one trigger you have available to you, is a Flow can fire when an email is flagged, and then you can process that in specific ways. It won't give you everything in your requirements list, but it might give you a start.

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

jwhite
Level 8

Hi @acwalker84,

As MattWeston365 mentioned there is currently no way to trigger a flow from within an email.

I wanted a similar process to you and so if I want to run a certain action on a certain email I forward that email to myself with different "trigger" words in the subject line. I then have a flow which checks for emails that I have received from myself and run conditions based on the subject line.

Not ideal, but the best I could think of at the time! A similar process may be suitable for you.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Since I normally use Flagging in my email and don't want to have the Flow run on everything, I created a folder called Flow.  Then setup the Trigger to only run when messages in that specific Folder are Flagged.  So now I can drag an email to that Folder and then Flag it to start the Flow, but the Flow doesn't run on other messages.

Note: This trigger works on Polling so it may take a few minutes before the Flow actually runs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @acwalker84 ,

The trigger "Manually Trigger Flow a selected Email" is not supported in microsoft flo currently, if you would like this feature to trigger flow for a selected email to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,659)