cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mindyw
Frequent Visitor

Manually approve a requested flow in Canvas App

I have a canvas app that has a button allow user to manually trigger a approval flow (button associate with a flow). It sends an email to approver with two buttons: Need More Info, Submit to Next Approver. Approver can approve it by clicking on the button in the email which will go to the Power Automate Action Items > Approval page. 

I would also like to make the approval available on the canvas app that user can approve the same request. I've done some intensive researches and unable to find any solution.  All I want is to manually approve the requested flow in the Canvas App. I am wondering if it is possible to find the approval request record in Dataverse table, then manually update the status.

Thanks

M

1 REPLY 1
Mindyw
Frequent Visitor

Here is my update: I used Create a Flow instead of the Create and wait flow. I found the approval record in the Approval table. All i need to do is to update a row to update the same flow of these columns: Result, Stage , Status, Status Reason, and Approval stage Key.  I can execute this by associate a approval button in the Canvas App.  However, my biggest issue is how to find the Approval ID, i need the approval ID  in order to update the same flow.  At the moment, i don't know how to find the Approval ID as it has no reference to the record that triggers the flow.

Mindyw_0-1636724559282.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,809)