cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Manually trigger a flow to act on a Standpoint list

I have used SharePoint workflows for many years and one very useful feature is the ability to manually start a workflow. Looking at the available triggers in Flow, it appears that there is no way to manually kick off a flow either through the Flow dashboard or from the SharePoint list. It seems a flow will only start when an item is created or modified.

It would be really useful, especially for testing, to have a way to trigger a Flow from the SharePoint item. Is this something I can do or is it something that will be added at some point? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harzicn,

Do you want to trigger your flow from a SharePoint list item manually?

If you want to trigger your flow from a SharePoint list item manually, you could consider take a try with the following two ways:

• Use the "For a selected item" of SharePoint connector as the trigger of your flow.29.JPG

Within List Name field of "For a selected item" trigger, specify your SharePoint list name. When you save your flow, the created flow would be shown up within Flow menu when you select an item:30.JPG

Then you could select the flow ( "20180208_case12" on my side) within Flow menu to fire your flow. The flow works successfully as below:31.JPG

• Start a Microsoft Flow from Flow Launch Panel of a modern SharePoint list manually.

If you want to start a flow from a SharePoint list manually, please check the following article:

Flow Launch Panel in SharePoint Lists and Libraries

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harzicn,

Do you want to trigger your flow from a SharePoint list item manually?

If you want to trigger your flow from a SharePoint list item manually, you could consider take a try with the following two ways:

• Use the "For a selected item" of SharePoint connector as the trigger of your flow.29.JPG

Within List Name field of "For a selected item" trigger, specify your SharePoint list name. When you save your flow, the created flow would be shown up within Flow menu when you select an item:30.JPG

Then you could select the flow ( "20180208_case12" on my side) within Flow menu to fire your flow. The flow works successfully as below:31.JPG

• Start a Microsoft Flow from Flow Launch Panel of a modern SharePoint list manually.

If you want to start a flow from a SharePoint list manually, please check the following article:

Flow Launch Panel in SharePoint Lists and Libraries

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you. That is very helpful. I have to remember to view the list in the modern view.

Regards,

Natalie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (68,239)