Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Markdown rendering not working in some approval mails

Hello,

I'm trying to create a table in markdwon in the approval mail, but have different rendering experience. If you look at the following screenshot you can see that the markdown is not rendered in the mail (in Outlook Web App):

markdown approval 1.png

If I choose to see the original message instead, it is working well:

markdown approval 2.png

I've seen the same behaviour if I read the message in Outlook 2016 (both incorrect and correct markdown rendering), while, for example, in Outlook 2007, I see the correct rendering.

Any other are experiencing the same?

--

Regards

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm hoping for a fix to this too. I have been referring my users to Power Automate (formerly Flow) app via a web browser and to install the Flow app on their mobile devices. In the app or on the website, the information does show correctly. Add: we noticed on a user that forwarded the original mail on, that in Sent Items, the original mail does show the correct formatting and all the text shows.
Highlighted

Don't want to get everyone excited but it seems this is partially working, after testing this function for months at last it has changed profoundly.

Result:
image.png

Setup from HTML to Markdown:

sample:

replace(body('Create_HTML_table'),'<table><thead><tr><th>','|')

)

image.png

Let me know if you guys noticed some changes, though putting two tables will only combine them in outlook but separated when viewed on Online Outlook.

Cheers to that!

Highlighted

@Charlon_ I'm a newbie, how did you get from the HTML table output to the markdown in the approval. Can you post some additional screenshots?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,932)