cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tallboots

Marking a task complete in Planner with any trigger

Hi all - I'm pretty new to Power Automate, and I'm mostly trying to use it to make my work organization with Planner a little more seamless. A hurdle I've run into is figuring out how to update a dynamic type of task with pretty much any trigger. It's come up a couple of times but the thing I'd like to do now is this:

When any task is assigned to me from any plan, power automate creates a task for me on my "personal" board - it's a place to aggregate all the tasks across projects (I supervise 10- 12 projects at a time, with different people on each team, so my tasks are spread across many places). This is working fine. I realize ToDo kind of does this natively, but the interface doesn't work for how I deal with my tasks, Planner does.

My issue now is, I would like it if when I mark a task on my Personal board as complete, that Power Automate could go find the matching task in the other board and mark that as complete as well. I feel like an intermediate step like "list my tasks" or something might be the key to this, but I don't know how to set it up.

Any advice is appreciated! Even if this is maybe impossible.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,723)