cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLongfield
Level: Power Up

Max Number of Flows

Greetings,

I'm finding conflicting information between the community and the microsoft pricing guide

The pricing guide indicates that i can create an unlimitied number of flows, however i see posts here that state the limit is 50, based on the documentation. Upon reviewing the documentation i see a note at the bottom that says the Max Limit is 250 per user.

Can someone confirm what the actual limit is

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Max Number of Flows

@JLongfield wrote:

Perhaps that is my confusion, but as you can see, im already seeing differing answers.

And the Runs do not concern me as of yet, I have a huge number of folders that need to send emails when a file is put into them.. I havent found a way to do this without associating a flow with each folder (As the individuals required to be in the email change based on the folder)

750 Runs will unlikely be hit in month,

but 300+ Folders (And growing) is my reasoning for needing the number of flows confirmed

You don't need to create a new Flow for each folder, you can nest conditions or multi-value conditions. You'd also likely want to rethink your architecture, as that simply doesn't seem like a sustainable or maintainable architecture. You may want to consider utilizing a SharePoint list or some other method of routing said emails.  

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kmiley
Level: Powered On

I have in my notes from a recent presentation, max of 250 Flows per environment. I wonder if this is dependent upon your Flow plan though - perhaps Flow Free is 50 and the higher plans are 250?

Super User
Super User

I think you're confusing maximum mumber of workflows, with Maximum number of runs per month. All Flow plans, including free allow you to Create unlimited automated workflows, meaning that you can create as many flows as you want on any plan (source). 

The key is Maximum number of runs per month, which is how many times your Flows can completely run in a given 30 day period. The plans break down Flow runs as such:

• Free - 750
  • Flow for Office 365 - 2000
  • Flow Plan 1 - 4500
  • Flow Plan 2 - 15000

How many Flows you can create is pretty useless, when you are limited in how many times your Flows can run each month.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

JLongfield

Perhaps that is my confusion, but as you can see, im already seeing differing answers.

And the Runs do not concern me as of yet, I have a huge number of folders that need to send emails when a file is put into them.. I havent found a way to do this without associating a flow with each folder (As the individuals required to be in the email change based on the folder)

but 300+ Folders (And growing) is my reasoning for needing the number of flows confirmed

kmiley
Level: Powered On

@ScottShearerCould you comment here? The 250 number I have in my notes was from a session with you 🙂

Super User
Super User

@JLongfield wrote:

You don't need to create a new Flow for each folder, you can nest conditions or multi-value conditions. You'd also likely want to rethink your architecture, as that simply doesn't seem like a sustainable or maintainable architecture. You may want to consider utilizing a SharePoint list or some other method of routing said emails.  

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@kmiley wrote:

I have in my notes from a recent presentation, max of 250 Flows per environment. I wonder if this is dependent upon your Flow plan though - perhaps Flow Free is 50 and the higher plans are 250?

They recently made major changes to the PowerApps and Flow licensing. The updated Flow Licensing Guide outlines everything in detail, and was updated earlier this month (April 2019 - PDF).

JLongfield

My familiarity with Sharepoint and Flow is limited (Read. I looked into them today)

So i have some learning to do, but to paraphrase

Its entirely possible to have 300 folders, a single flow that would find any new files created among those 300 folders, go to a sharepoint list (not sure what this is yet, but imagine its similar to an excel table) reference the parent folder of the file, and find any email addresses associated with that folder in the list, and send an email to them indicating a file has been uploaded and is available. I'm assuming it would have to track what files have been processed in order to avoid multiple notifications.

off-topic i know, but could i have is send an email to anyone that has shared access to the folder? At least i wouldn't have to maintain an additiona list on sharepoint with this method.. i think

Sounds super complicated, but i understand the logistics of not having/maintain 300+ flows

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,696)