cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eastangeland

Max number of answers

Is there a way in Forms or Flow to have rules such as "when you answer this, you get redirected to this" etc.? Or is there a way to have a max number of submissions for a certain answer? I ask in the context that I'm trying to create a signup for my company for remote training. However, we only have a few spots for each plant at specific times so we want a way to cap the number of responses per plant, per date. Is this possible? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@eastangeland:

The short answer is no - you can't limit the number of responses either in Forms or in Flow.

Here are some work arounds:

• When a new response is submitted, check the number or registered attendees that you have stored somewhere like a SharePoint list.  If the class is not full, send out a confirmation email.  If it is full, send out a "class is full email".
    • You might also want to send yourself an email when the class if full so that you can disable the Forms registration
    • You might also want to record the attendee info in a SharePoint list - this will make it easy to generate a class roster.
  • Use a SharePoint list rather than Forms to register
    • Customize the list with PowerApps
      •   Configure the PowerApp so that registrations cannot be submitted for a full class
        • This implies that you are recording the number of attendees somewhere like a SharePoint list

I'm sure there are a variety of other approaches as well.

If this addresses your issue, please mark your post as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer Thank you so much for the fast response! I will try these and see which works best for our situation.

Best,

eastangeland

Hi @ScottShearer I would like to ask you something, is related with the main topic.

I have my powerapp for vacations with a custimized list in sharepoint, what i would like to do is this:

My company has more than 300hundred employees and for vacations we only have 10 spots per dates to take their vacations, for example: 10 spots Jan10th to Jan30th, 10spots Feb1st to Feb15th. The problem is that I dont Know how to set that limit of 10 spots once time it be reached that answer could not be selected by another one. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (62,327)