Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djreyes1110
Helper V
Helper V

Maximum Length Issue

Hello,

I am getting an error message for my Power Automate. I am using MS Forms to connect it to a Sharepoint List. Below is the error message:

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The API operation 'PostItem' requires the property 'item/IssueDescription' to be a string of maximum length '255' but is of length '282'.

I have changed my form to long answer. Am I doing something wrong? Please help. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @djreyes1110 

I would guess that the column in your list is a text data type and limited to 255 but the actual form allows longer.  So you would need to update or replace the original column on the list with a multi line of text.

Damien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @djreyes1110 

I would guess that the column in your list is a text data type and limited to 255 but the actual form allows longer.  So you would need to update or replace the original column on the list with a multi line of text.

Damien

djreyes1110
Helper V
Helper V

Thank you! Figured that out after I messaged. It was in single text and it should be multi text in my SP list. Thank you appreciate your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,821)