cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum flow frequency

I am valuating if for a new project on SharePoint Online I should use Flows and PowerApps or go the “classic way” and use Workflows and Infopath forms.

I need some clarification regarding the Maximum number of runs per month (per user) and Maximum flow frequency.

I have a tenancy on Office 365 with E3 licences.

For Office 365 plans the Maximum flow frequency is 5 minutes.

Does it mean that if I run a flow now it will execute immediately and the next flow will be executed only after 5 minutes. So if I run 10 flows very close to each other the last flow will be executed only approximately 50 minutes later?

Is this correct?

Microsoft states that you get a maximum of 2000 runs per month (per user) . For Office 365 plans the number of flow runs is aggregated across all users in the company. If your company exceeds more than the included runs per month per user, you can buy an additional quota of runs per month.

Does this mean that if I have 10 E3 licences I could run 20.000 flows x month even if it’s a single user running them all?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @capo75,

The maximum flow recurrence period is per flow, so if you have an o365 license and 10 flows, each of the 10 flows will perform their checks every 5 minutes. To put that another way, that would be 10 checks every 5 minutes (1 per flow).

Your second assumption is correct. Since the resources allocated in a flow license are pooled at a tenant level, it is possible for a single user to consume well above what is possible for a single license. This allows for high-throughput flows if that suits your use case.

Hope this helps - Let me know if you have any other questions on Flow billing and licensing!

Best,

Travis

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @capo75,

The maximum flow recurrence period is per flow, so if you have an o365 license and 10 flows, each of the 10 flows will perform their checks every 5 minutes. To put that another way, that would be 10 checks every 5 minutes (1 per flow).

Your second assumption is correct. Since the resources allocated in a flow license are pooled at a tenant level, it is possible for a single user to consume well above what is possible for a single license. This allows for high-throughput flows if that suits your use case.

Hope this helps - Let me know if you have any other questions on Flow billing and licensing!

Best,

Travis

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am rather confused by this.  I have an Office 365 account, which should be once every 5 minutes, but I just now created a simple flow that runs once every 1 minute, and calls an HTTP request.  It ran twice in as many minutes.  So, it would seem to check faster than what my plan allows?

I guess I am a little confused on what "will perform their checks every 5 minutes" means.  Any additional context around this would be greatly appreciated!

FWIW, I have another thread on this here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Flow-Math/m-p/102224#M11887

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share the link to your flow? With that I can verify the frequency with which the flow was saved and the interval on which it's making checks to see if there's anything not operating as expected.

Thanks,

Travis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the prompt reply @TravisB!  I am looking at the Share dialog but it is asking for an email.  How do I get the link you are looking for?  Or do I send you an email instead?

Hi @Anonymous,

It would be nice if you could actually share your flow with me, but unfortunately for various reasons sharing is only allowed within the same tenant 😞

If you could paste the url of the page when you're at the flow details page for the relevant flow, that'll give me enough to go on.

Thanks,

Travis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know how long you will need, @TravisB?  It is running running every minute and counting against my totals, after all. 🙂  

Hi @Anonymous,

Looking at your service plans, I see that you do have a P2 trial plan which would allow for 1 minute recurrence.

If this is unexpected, keep in mind it may have come bundled with a p2 powerapps trial (which I also see you have).

Hope this helps!

Best,

Travis

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thank you for clarifying that @TravisB... It does seem that my understanding is correct then.  I will pull you into the other chat we have as now it seems we have a math problem. 🙂

Well explained. One more question.

Since this is a tenant pool,what happens when there is a mixed licences in single pool. For example, flow plan 2 and free plan?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (6,988)