cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Mention a MS Teams Channel using Power Automate

Do you know if it's possible to mention "@" a MS Teams Channel if I follow these steps: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/october18/microsoft-flow/post-r...?

If not, is there any other way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Mention a MS Teams Channel using Power Automate

@Jotad710 

Hey there - Are you ok posting as the flow bot?  If so, check this article from Dennis (capitalizing on John Liu's post) about at-mentioning an entire channel.

Mention a channel with Flow

Hope that helps, keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

HI @Jotad710 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to @mention someone. It would be super handy, though. I think this is worth submitting as an idea for future implementation:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

According to this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Can-you-Mention-anyone-in-Teams-from-a-flow/m-p/2... is possible to @ someone. I'm not sure if it's possbile to @ a MS Teams Channel.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Jotad710 

Hey there - Are you ok posting as the flow bot?  If so, check this article from Dennis (capitalizing on John Liu's post) about at-mentioning an entire channel.

Mention a channel with Flow

Hope that helps, keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @edgonzales ,

I am very new at this and I would like to use this @mention to ping my team daily for tasks.

How do I also get the team and channel IDs? His instructions are initializing the variable only. 
The ChannelPostUrl variable Url also looks to be dated. When I go to graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams it returns 

"code": "InvalidAuthenticationToken",
    "message": "Access token is empty.",

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@aymalvin 

Hi there - If you haven't already, check out the Graph API Explorer.  It's a handy way to find quick bits of information like those ID's, and also details out the URL/URI needed to do some really cool things.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

hey,

Is there a way to do this without the Invoke - it is a premium element of Flow and I cannot get that enabled.

I have mentioning working for individuals by pulling information out of a message card and then using that as a variable and then the <at></at> that variable.  Would love to have this as a solution for the channel members, just can't figure out what to do with the 'channel' link info I have.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,323)