cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jotad710
Microsoft
Microsoft

Mention a MS Teams Channel using Power Automate

Do you know if it's possible to mention "@" a MS Teams Channel if I follow these steps: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/october18/microsoft-flow/post-r...?

If not, is there any other way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Jotad710 

Hey there - Are you ok posting as the flow bot?  If so, check this article from Dennis (capitalizing on John Liu's post) about at-mentioning an entire channel.

Mention a channel with Flow

Hope that helps, keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

HI @Jotad710 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to @mention someone. It would be super handy, though. I think this is worth submitting as an idea for future implementation:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

According to this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Can-you-Mention-anyone-in-Teams-from-a-flow/m-p/2... is possible to @ someone. I'm not sure if it's possbile to @ a MS Teams Channel.

@Jotad710 

Hey there - Are you ok posting as the flow bot?  If so, check this article from Dennis (capitalizing on John Liu's post) about at-mentioning an entire channel.

Mention a channel with Flow

Hope that helps, keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Hi @edgonzales ,

I am very new at this and I would like to use this @mention to ping my team daily for tasks.

How do I also get the team and channel IDs? His instructions are initializing the variable only. 
The ChannelPostUrl variable Url also looks to be dated. When I go to graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams it returns 

"code": "InvalidAuthenticationToken",
    "message": "Access token is empty.",

@aymalvin 

Hi there - If you haven't already, check out the Graph API Explorer.  It's a handy way to find quick bits of information like those ID's, and also details out the URL/URI needed to do some really cool things.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

hey,

Is there a way to do this without the Invoke - it is a premium element of Flow and I cannot get that enabled.

I have mentioning working for individuals by pulling information out of a message card and then using that as a variable and then the <at></at> that variable.  Would love to have this as a solution for the channel members, just can't figure out what to do with the 'channel' link info I have.

cimaja
Microsoft
Microsoft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (40,751)