cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAlgoul2000
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft Flow - Approval Daily Reminder

Hi, before posting my issue, I have checked all Power Users site articles that related to my scenario with no luck at all.

my scenario is simple:

• The user will submit a request.
  • The manager will receive an email to approve or reject.
  • if the manager missed or forget to approve, I need to keep sending him daily email tell he approve or reject.

Simple, right? I have tried all the below articles:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Reminder-Email-to-Approver/td-p/151964

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Flow/Automating-Reminders-for-Approval-Flows/td-p/8...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Reminder-for-quot-email-with-options-quo...

and many more, please don't just reply with the same solution, because it is not working. or maybe I'm missing something. and to make it easier I have my old school SPD WF, I want the exact same stepsCapture_DailyReminder - Copy.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@MAlgoul2000 :

If you re-create the solution that you mention here, it will work.  Since that soltuion was written, the approval actions have been updated.  You need to use the "start and wait for an approval action (v2)" rather than the "start an approval" action.

My suggestion is this:

1. Use the solution that I reference above (I created the approved solution).
  2. If it does not work for you, take screen shots of your Flow and post here.

Once you post the solution that you have written and post it if you are having issues, we can likely figure out why you are having issues in short order.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks Scott for your reply, Actually I'm using Send Email With Option instead because I need approval by email or mobile email. does it matter in changing?

Anyway, I'll try it now and let you know.

Thanks

@MAlgoul2000 :

The Flow will still work as designed if you substitute the send email with options for an approval action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott, I'm trying your solution as we chat, if it didn't work I'll post my flow so you may help me 🙂

OK, it is not working. check my screenshot for my scenario, it is triggered on edit mode:

Img 1Img 1Img 2Img 2Img 3Img 3Img 4Img 4

Hi, Kindly assist me on this issue. it is urgent.

Hi, I'm still waiting for a solution, please assist me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (52,901)