cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylorpsmith
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Flow HTTP Request is Received Fails When Adding Excel or Sharepoint Step

My Flow is simple. When a HTTP Request is Received, Parse the JSON, Compose from the Parsed JSON and it works flawlessly.

taylorpsmith_0-1605786928216.png

I want to add a step, "Add a row to a table" in Excel. As soon as I do that, the "When a HTTP request is received" stops working. If I remove the Excel step, it goes back to working without issue. I get "There is a problem with the flow's trigger" message. The "learn more" is generic and doesn't address the HTTP request. When I click, "Fix the Trigger", another just generic "BadRequest" with no option of how or what to fix. 

taylorpsmith_1-1605786999286.png

taylorpsmith_2-1605787105921.png

taylorpsmith_3-1605787126068.png

In addition, if I "test" the flow with a previously successful run (from without the excel step), it will work with the Excel step no problem. 

taylorpsmith_4-1605787279001.png

Long story short, when I add the Excel step, it will cause a problem with the HTTP Received trigger but if I remove the Excel step, it works without issue. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
mnoah
Frequent Visitor

Same issue!  What was your solution (if any)?

@mnoah Unfortunately no solution! I've found that MS Flow has a ton of these quirks.

Frustrating.  It looks like when you add the Excel connector, it somehow changes the HTTP to force validation to only allow application/json.  So if your service sends something urlencoded or multipart, it fails.

Looks like I'll throw stuff into a list and then have another flow to monitor that list and then update the Excel file.  Ugh!

mnoah
Frequent Visitor

@taylorpsmith I submitted a support ticket to MS back in February or March for this and it was finally fixed.  Whether the fix goes out globally or to your tenant I have no idea.  But you may want to check your flows again and see if it works! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,899)