My Flow is simple. When a HTTP Request is Received, Parse the JSON, Compose from the Parsed JSON and it works flawlessly.
I want to add a step, "Add a row to a table" in Excel. As soon as I do that, the "When a HTTP request is received" stops working. If I remove the Excel step, it goes back to working without issue. I get "There is a problem with the flow's trigger" message. The "learn more" is generic and doesn't address the HTTP request. When I click, "Fix the Trigger", another just generic "BadRequest" with no option of how or what to fix.
In addition, if I "test" the flow with a previously successful run (from without the excel step), it will work with the Excel step no problem.
Long story short, when I add the Excel step, it will cause a problem with the HTTP Received trigger but if I remove the Excel step, it works without issue. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
Frustrating. It looks like when you add the Excel connector, it somehow changes the HTTP to force validation to only allow application/json. So if your service sends something urlencoded or multipart, it fails.
Looks like I'll throw stuff into a list and then have another flow to monitor that list and then update the Excel file. Ugh!
@taylorpsmith I submitted a support ticket to MS back in February or March for this and it was finally fixed. Whether the fix goes out globally or to your tenant I have no idea. But you may want to check your flows again and see if it works! 🙂
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.
Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!