cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylorpsmith
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Flow HTTP Request is Received Fails When Adding Excel or Sharepoint Step

My Flow is simple. When a HTTP Request is Received, Parse the JSON, Compose from the Parsed JSON and it works flawlessly.

taylorpsmith_0-1605786928216.png

I want to add a step, "Add a row to a table" in Excel. As soon as I do that, the "When a HTTP request is received" stops working. If I remove the Excel step, it goes back to working without issue. I get "There is a problem with the flow's trigger" message. The "learn more" is generic and doesn't address the HTTP request. When I click, "Fix the Trigger", another just generic "BadRequest" with no option of how or what to fix. 

taylorpsmith_1-1605786999286.png

taylorpsmith_2-1605787105921.png

taylorpsmith_3-1605787126068.png

In addition, if I "test" the flow with a previously successful run (from without the excel step), it will work with the Excel step no problem. 

taylorpsmith_4-1605787279001.png

Long story short, when I add the Excel step, it will cause a problem with the HTTP Received trigger but if I remove the Excel step, it works without issue. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
mnoah
Frequent Visitor

Same issue!  What was your solution (if any)?

@mnoah Unfortunately no solution! I've found that MS Flow has a ton of these quirks.

Frustrating.  It looks like when you add the Excel connector, it somehow changes the HTTP to force validation to only allow application/json.  So if your service sends something urlencoded or multipart, it fails.

Looks like I'll throw stuff into a list and then have another flow to monitor that list and then update the Excel file.  Ugh!

mnoah
Frequent Visitor

@taylorpsmith I submitted a support ticket to MS back in February or March for this and it was finally fixed.  Whether the fix goes out globally or to your tenant I have no idea.  But you may want to check your flows again and see if it works! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,600)