cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMcN_2019

Microsoft Flow - How to include a Teams path in an email but not include the filename in the path

Hi, any help on this would be appreciated.

I have setup a Flow to copy an Excel Template weekly in Teams, when it is copied the file is updated with the days date added to the name, then a mail is sent the Team with telling them to update the new Excel.

I would like the email that is sent to just include the path to the section of Teams that will include the newly renamed Excel file. 

When I use the 'Path' option it also includes the file name in the mail that is sent. I would like just a general link to the section of Teams that has the filename, so the the user can click the link and this will open the section of Teams that includes the Excel files. Is this possible?

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @KMcN_2019 

Use Flow expression (substring) to remove the file name from the file path

Example below: 

substring(filepath,0,lastIndexOf(filepath,'/'))

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you.

Hi @KMcN_2019 

your most welcome

Please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,356)