cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berihun1
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Flow Requester Name

MS Flw.jpgApproval flow showing different requested by "my Name".how to configure it to show by the requester Name Only? i used dynamical Requester created by Display name but not working

3 REPLIES 3
vivekpande18
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Berihun1 , 

In approval flow you cannot remove the requester name. As it comes by default and there is no option to remove it. 

You can add the actual user name in the approval email format (way you have done), but requester name will still be there. 

If you want you can stop the email notifications which comes from approval action and send your own customized email body, but in that case you will not be able to do lazy approval through email. You need to redirect users to approval app for taking any action. 

Thanks

Vivek Pande

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Berihun1
Frequent Visitor

thanks for the response but my challenge is that the requester name should be who request the Approval the flow it takes only the developer name not the requester name

@Berihun1 

As stated by @vivekpande18 you cannot remove the name of the Flow creator from the email.  The best that you can do is to specify a Requestor, as you have already done.  The individual listed in the Requestor column will show in the email as "Requested for" and the Flow author will show as "Created by".

The only way around this is to use a "service account" to create the Flow.  The service account will show as created by but you could have the service account be something like "Approval Service".  Note that using a service account will burn an M365 license.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,143)