cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farhandsome
Level: Powered On

Microsoft Flow Send SMS to Group Text

Hi all,

I've recently been looking into the different services that offer SMS capabilities in MS Flow. Does anyone know if any of these services offer sending an SMS to an existing group chat? We have an existing group text message chain for our production quality issues. I'd like to be able to send messages to this group from this MS Flow if possible. Let me know!

Thanks,

Farhan

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft Krishna92
Microsoft

Re: Microsoft Flow Send SMS to Group Text

@farhandsome 

Here is a list of few connectors that offer sms capabilities in flow.

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/?filter=sms&category=all

If this information helps you, please hit the like button and mark the solution as resolved, so that it will help other users in future.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @farhandsome ,

At present, there are three connectors provided by MS Flow that can send SMS messages:

The Send SMS message action included in SerwerSMS can be configured with a Group name, which can send messages to a specified group.

Mtarget SMS and Telesign SMS can only configure Phone number and send messages to the specified user.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @farhandsome 

You can also send an SMS using email. You need to get the SMS Domain of the carrier to send the email SMS as phonenumber@carrierdomain. A few samples shown here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-send-a-text-from-your-email-account/ 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

farhandsome
Level: Powered On

hi @yashag2255,

Do you know if it is possible to send a text via email to a group MMS?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @farhandsome 

The group MMS might not work as expected. The email is sent as an HTML so totally depends on the device a user is using. I sent URLs that way and for IOS devices it went as plain text and for Android, it loaded the preview as well. So it is just a hack to send messages. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,970)