cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Flow & Microsoft Access

Hello All,

Is it possible to create a flow that will push a SharePoint list data to an Access database that is stored in SharePoint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@isogunro1 

There is no connector for Microsoft Access, so the direct answer to your question is no.  That said, you can always create a linked table in Access that points to a SharePoint list.  That will allow you to use the SharePoint list data inside of Access without the need to push the data.  If Access is configured properly, the linked tables will be updated when the Access database is opened.

'

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@isogunro1 

There is no connector for Microsoft Access, so the direct answer to your question is no.  That said, you can always create a linked table in Access that points to a SharePoint list.  That will allow you to use the SharePoint list data inside of Access without the need to push the data.  If Access is configured properly, the linked tables will be updated when the Access database is opened.

'

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Thanks @ScottShearer !  

I should have provided more details.

We have a tableau team that link to SharePoint but they are having issues querying a SharePoint list to visualize data.  They mentioned that if they could get the data into Microsoft Access, it would be much easier to query.  Also, there are 3 SharePoint lists and it would be easier to create table joins and complex queries in Access.  Since there is no connector, no it is.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @isogunro1 ,

Unfortunately, MS Flow does not currently support such a connector. If you want such a connection to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for similar ideas:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-work-with-Microsoft-Access/idi-p/22368

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Microsoft-Access/idi-p/335022

Also, you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (76,459)