I know this has been posted a long time ago but I'm experiencing the same problem with my flows.
When a item is modified in a SharePoint list it takes 5 min to run.
This is really critical as we are using this flow for the guest arrival process in our company.
I've already submitted a ticket to the support teams and they are working on it.
How this have been resolved for those who experienced the same issue ?
Thanks for your help !
Aumeuncs, for my part when Flow is running slowly we just have to wait it out. We have the basic Office 365 subscription to Flow and it can take up to 5 minutes for a flow to trigger at that subscription level, even when Flow is running well.
Depending on what your flow does and your subscription level, there may be better ways to accomplish its task with other products. For example, my list relied on Flow to immediately update an item when one part was modified. Marking an item as "Complete" would change its due date, priority number, etc. We found a better way of doing this using PowerApps to customize the View/Edit form for the list, and now we have immediate updates once an item is changed and saved.
Recently, we only rely on Flow for updates that occur at scheduled times or operations that require multiple products, such as sending an email with Outlook that contains Sharepoint data - functions that can allow a five minute lag if it happens. This is probably not the answer you wanted, I am sorry. If anyone else has any ideas for getting Flow to work at faster and more reliable speeds, I would be very interested in hearing them.
I have noticed that certain Flows within the same tenant take a long time to send approval. The Run seems to be stuck in the Start and wait for approval state for a long time. A similar action in another Flow within the same tenant in almost instantaneous. Both Flows are practically similar with no special processing or more records in either. This problem of slow processing is plagued by a specific flow.
Its really frustrating when the response is use a different product to a problem with performance that multiple un-related people are having. If you don't know, that's ok. Don't respond.
Any feedback on the performance, same issues on flow.
The flows worked fine a few months ago - now testing it is very slow and the first flow will run if you execute another flow there is no response not even in the logs.
Busy testing and experiencing performance issues.
Keep getting this message : "To see it work now, perform the starting action. This may take a few moments." and it just hangs
In the early hours of the morning one of my Flows which has been running fine for months took almost 9 hours to create 1281 records (6 fields in the list per record).
I'm only posting this because it has impacted our COVID site restrictions process and we had severe delays when folks arrived at our site this morning.
I'm looking into other options but right now the data from this flow feeds the PowerApp we use on iPads at the front gate to check eligibility.
Additionally, I ran a test flow (very simple):
Get 16 records
Delete 16 records
...and it took 1.5 hours to delete 1 record. I ended up deleteing the records manually in the list whcih took approximately 5 seconds.
There is definitely a performance issue in the Power Platform arena
Flow is certainly a quirky product.
I have a recurrence (email parser) flow which I've first tested in my sandbox environment, debugged it, got it working just fine.
Launched it in production, worked as expected (run time ~ 20-60seconds = acceptable).
Come back 24 hours later; now a flow that took ~30-60 seconds to run takes a random amount of hours to execute -- Complete game breaker. I though maybe if I turn off parallelism, and throttle execution to email batches (instead of individual emails) it would fix the issue; so I modified the flow, restarted it and it worked again as expected (~30-60 second run time). Great!
Come back again 12 hours later and I'm back to hours++ runtime of individual flow. 😠
The "Run History" logs shows that my "for each" (and its embedded switch) card/step are taking forever to execute but when I open them up to see which of their embedded step and/or variable are the culprit, I get nothing (their times are nominal - < 30sec ) ...
It's frustrating because the single debugging tool provided ("Run history"), doesn't reflect and/or point out the root cause of my execution delay. Is it my license? Is it a poorly written expression? who knows? Certainly not the "Run history" logs.
At least give me a flow time-out option or a hard failure - I can't spare hours for a flow to finish in a production environment.
P.S. The only way to fix this issue (for me) is to manually stop execution of the flow, "cancel" any currently running flow(s), reset / restage my "to be parsed" emails, and then, finally, restart the execution of the flow. Back to normal execution time -- until the next time it bogs down at some random time in the future without letting me know why.
Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!
Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021