cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trinaintynine
Level: Powered On

Microsoft Flow send personal chat instead of post in a team channel with Microsoft Team

How do i send personal chat with microsoft team instead of posting it on a team group ?
so that i don't need to make a lot of team groups and channels
because i don't need other member in group to know the content of the messages

i have search but there's no a follow up in this post
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Send-direct-message-chat-to-recipent-instead-of-only-...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Add-an-action-to-send-a-message-to-individual-s-in-Mi...

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Microsoft Flow send personal chat instead of post in a team channel with Microsoft Team

Hi Trinaintynine,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

We can use Microsoft Teams for both group and individual interaction.

However, flow allows for triggers to send a message to a Teams channel or group, not to individuals.

You can vote your advice in the post you have searched, PGs will take hot ideas into consideration first in future releases.

Please feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Zhonys

1Sprint
Level: Power Up

Re: Microsoft Flow send personal chat instead of post in a team channel with Microsoft Team

I am also looking to do this. Our Scrum Group Chat is very active and to be able to use flow to trigger something that relates to us directly in chat would be awesome!

Eliot
Level: Powered On

Me three.

Sometimes a loose DM/PM group chat is how things roll. Also, wary of creating new dedicated teams for everything, plus ... no-one really checks the full channels. :shruggie:

I suppose '@'ing the important people in a channel could be a work-around for similar functionality, here, but does the connector allow this? (I will check and edit)

Best

Eliot - projectfive

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 137 members 4,796 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: